England is set to battle the Kiwis who have not lost a match yet in the ICC World T20 2016 tournament. The much awaited, highly exciting first semi-final will be held on 30th March at the famous Kotla, Delhi.
- SL v ENG | England won by 10 runs
- ENG v AFG | England won by 15 runs
- SA v ENG | England won by 2 wickets
- WI v ENG | West Indies won by 6 wickets
- SA v ENG | South Africa won by 9 wickets
New Zealand form:
- BAN v NZ | New Zealand won by 75 runs
- NZ v PAK | New Zealand won by 22 runs
- AUS v NZ | New Zealand won by 8 runs
- NZ v IND | New Zealand won by 47 runs
- NZ v PAK | New Zealand won by 95 runs
When it comes to wins, New Zealand get the better. They have been having the tournament of their lives. They look unbeatable at the moment. England too have been in winning ways but have lost one in the group stage, allowing the West Indies top the table.
Head to Head: Both teams have two wins against each other, so no domination as of yet!
Form: England have an excellent batting line up. All batsmen have contributed to their wins so far. Their bowlers too have backed their batsmen, by defending the runs. But, somehow, it feels like the batsmen have been more responsible than the bowlers.
Contrary to England, the kiwi bowling has been way over the mark. They have bowled out teams for less than 100 twice in the group stage. Their batsmen can do better, which can boost the confidence of their bowlers.
Key players: Eng: Eoin Morgan, Chris Jordan, Joe Root
NZ: Martin Guptill, Kane Williamson, Mitchell Mcclenaghan